A GREENER WAY
Situated within the Dyfi Biosphere close to the market town of Machynlleth in Mid Wales, Carreg Dressage is an organic farm registered with the Soil Association and is in a designated Environmentally Sensitive Area.
Nestling within 96 acres of idyllic countryside, nicknamed “The Secret Valley “ Carreg Dressage has outstanding facilities, as well as a proudly sustainable way of working.
We feel that our location and setup here is positive for the health of the land, which in turn makes for happy horses, staff and riders. We hope you enjoy it here too.
Sustainable Livery and living
- Feeds are all GM free.
- Organic Haylage is produced on the farm.
- Aquamax dust-free wood pellet bedding is used in the stables.
- We generate our own electricity through solar power.
- We believe in artisanship and craftsmanship, working with saddlers such as David Evans and gate makers such as Kim Farley Harper.
- We believe in community engagement and have been involved in many community initiatives including hosting arts and equine theatre workshops here at Carreg Dressage.
- We are members of the Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust and are partners in the Pumlumon Upland Management Project
- Our pastures are managed in partnership with PONT to maximise our wild flower habitat.
- Our woods have recently been designated as 'Ancient Woodlands' by the Woodland Trust.
- We are chartered members of the Ecodyfi Partnership
- All our waste is recycled appropriately.